Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Beginning...

Hi everyone! I decided it was about time I started a wedding blog since people always like hearing about my planning adventures.

I've already gotten a ton of stuff done on my wedding to-do list and I'm dying to share everything with you! But I thought it would be better to start from the beginning of my wedding planning process.

As most of you know, Matt proposed to me in Orlando at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

(us in front of Hogwarts)

Unfortunately, toward the end of our trip, I got really sick with one of the worst colds of my life! But being forced to stay in bed allowed me to start looking at inspiration boards from Snippet & Ink. I showed Matt a plethora of wedding inspiration boards that I liked and he simply had to say "yay" or "nay". To my dissapointment, he absolutely hated all the inspiration boards that involved one of my favorite wedding colors...peach! But he loved everything that involved green. And since I have a soft spot in my heart for all things black and white (penguins included), we both fell in love with the following two inspiration boards:


Therefore, I present to you our official wedding colors:
Black, White, and Green...with hints of yellow!

And for the feel of the wedding, we're going for a simple elegant backyard soiree. We want our wedding to be the party of the century where people can let loose and have a good time!

Stay tuned for my next post about our many issues about our budget, and how we plan on having a wedding in San Diego for no more than $12,000. (Yes, I did just type 12 and not 21!)

4 comments:

  1. Awww... so fun to read about the proposal and beginning stages of wedding planning... even if I had heard some of it from you. And I can so relate to you liking peach and Matt hating it! Coral, peach and salmon orangey-pinks have always been my favorite color for a wedding, but Sean hates it too! Oh well... we'll have to fight over it one day. Anyways, love the inspiration boards. This will definitely be the party of the year. Wooo! Go Matt and Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister's colors were black, white, and green. Let me know if you need anything! She was on a budget too so if you are looking for ways to go elegant without breaking the budget, let me know. :) Congratulations on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kalie: You definitely need to check out all the peach inspiration boards on Snippet & Ink! They are gorgeous!! And you HAVE to have peach! It's soo you!

    @Courtney: Thank you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plan your dream wedding at San Diego Wedding venues which are affordable and offering adorable services. I am glad to find these venues in my normal search and thought to share with all.

    ReplyDelete